Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting organized

I decided to get more organized this year.  So, in honor of Elmo, my smite list or organization.

   1)  changes to passwords:  I'm kind of freaked out by how many passwords I can't remember that are stored on my machine.  I need to sit down and switch to a three to five tier security system of passwords.

   2)  School:  I put my grades online at dropbox, so the students can see them at any time.  All labs grades are automatically entered and updated.  DONE!


   3)  Evernote:  I've started experimenting with Evernote to organize my school projects and writing.  I think I may actually upgrade to the PRO version to store my docs there as well.  I've already noticed that I love being able to mix handwritten notes (or phone pics of them), and research articles.  I think I may have finally found a way to organize my lab manuals! 

   4)  Music:  I want to cleanup and retag lots of my iTunes library so i can actually make genre playlists.

   5)  School: create exam keys at the same time I create the exams.  Let's face it, I'm going to do the work anyway, I might as well do it early.

  6)  Bookmarks:  I'll be moving to a new laptop soon, so it's a good time to rethink my browser and bookmarks choices.  Switch to chrome?  Anyway, I need to clear out my old bookmarks and only put it the ones I actually need.

   7)  Ricky's closet:  There's a big closet in there, I need to get banker boxes and get my stuff put away, and to make it easy for him to store his increasingly large collection of crap.

    8)  Garage:  Do the annual "take a bunch of boxes down, relabel, and put them back up" afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment