Monday, February 7, 2011

Toxic work environment


    I decided to stop eating pastries for February.  Probably the best thing about growing up Catholic is a fondness for self-denial.  And the delight of giving in to temptation.

   One problem is my work serves as a dumping ground for desserts.  Literally every day is a new pile of food, usually brought in by my very nice lab techs who delight in seeing everyone eat.  Eat!  It's Good!  Try it!  Today was Chinese New Year leftovers, and a bucket of chocolate chip cookies, valentine chalky candies, and pretzels.  It makes me sympathize with those who diet more seriously; you can say no nineteen times, but the one yes a day can ruin it all.

   And on another note, our campus wireless network is either 1) slow (1mbs) and you have to keep logging in every time you wake up your phone, or 2) faster (8 mbs, with 19 mbs upload!) but impossible to stay logged into.  I then realized that my T-mobile connection was rated at 7.5 mbs, which means I'm almost at the point that I don't need IT at all.  The only service they provide is the ethernet connection, which is more reliable than the 3G network.



No comments:

Post a Comment